Job Title: Wash Bay Technician
Reports To: Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non Exempt
Supervisory Status: Non-Supervisory Position
Primary Facility – Vinton, IA
Posting Manager: Bill Rechkemmer
Job Title: Wash Bay Technician
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the responsibilities of the Wash Bay Technician position include washing equipment with the proper chemical ratio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read, understand, and follow engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Complies to established company policies and procedures.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as assigned.
- Tape Measurement and Blueprint reading skills a must.
- Service washing equipment.
- Ensure chemical ratio is within proper specs.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to use different types of machinery and tools, including hand tools, on an everyday basis.
- Very organized in keeping area and tools put away.
- Being able to take instruction and retain it for future jobs.
- Ability to do any given job at a reasonable pace.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal and take the initiative to learn other jobs & sub-work assemblies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required to perform work standing upright in a work cell for 8-10 hours per day and up to 6 days a week.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Lifting devices must be used or help must be requested for anything over 35 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance with or without vision aids.
JOB CONTACT INFORMATION
Individuals interested in the posted position should contact the manager responsible for the posting.
Ideal Industries in an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual in any phase of employment in accordance with the requirements of local, state and federal law.