Job Title: Stainless Steel Finisher
Reports To: Shop Supervisor
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non Exempt
Supervisory Status: Non-Supervisory Position
Primary Facility – Vinton, IA
Posting Manager: Bill Rechkemmer
Job Title: Stainless Steel Finisher
Under the direction of the Supervisor, the responsibilities of the Stainless Steel Polisher position include grinding and D.A.’ing welded stainless steel products to prep them for shipping. Cleaning responsibilities include wiping down parts and other sub-assemblies to ensure they are clean and free from weld splatter and have the appropriate surface finish specified.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grind, sand, clean, or polish objects or parts to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing as required by specifications, using hand tools and power tools.
- Verify quality of finished work pieces by visual inspection to ensure grinding and polishing standards are met.
- Transfer equipment, objects, or parts to specified work areas, using moving devices.
- Repair and maintain equipment, objects, or parts, using hand tools.
- Select abrasives, according to materials, sizes and shapes of work pieces, amount of stock to be removed, finishes specified, and steps in finishing processes.
- Apply solutions and chemicals to equipment, objects, or parts, using hand tools and cleans or wipes down parts and other sub-assemblies.
- Complies to established company policies and procedures.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as assigned.
- Knowledge of the uses of a grinders, straight line sanders, D.A., and angle grinders.
- Ability to read tape measurement and blueprints.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to use different types of machinery and tools, including hand tools, on an everyday basis.
- Very organized in keeping area and tools put away.
- Being able to take instruction and retain it for future jobs.
- Ability to do any given job at a reasonable pace.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal and take the initiative to learn other jobs & sub-work assemblies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required to perform work standing upright in a work cell for 8-10 hours per day and up to 6 days a week.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Lifting devices must be used or help must be requested for anything over 35 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance with or without vision aids.
JOB CONTACT INFORMATION
Individuals interested in the posted position should contact the manager responsible for the posting.
(319) 472 – 5224
Ideal Industries in an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual in any phase of employment in accordance with the requirements of local, state and federal law.