Job Title: Mig Welder
Reports To: Welding Lead
FLSA Status: Hourly – Non Exempt
Supervisory Status: Non-Supervisory Position
Primary Facility – Vinton, IA
Posting Manager: Bill Rechkemmer
Job Title: Mig Welder
Under the direction of the Welding Lead, the responsibilities of the Mig Welder position include welding all necessary parts and subwelded parts together to blueprint and/or customer specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Welds all sub-assemblies together.
- Assures proper weld lengths and weld fillet sizes.
- Performs occasional grinding on parts or on welds.
- May install inner parts and components as needed.
- Occasionally uses the D.A. or grinder when necessary.
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Complies to established company policies and procedures.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as assigned.
- Tape Measurement and Blueprint reading skills a must.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to use different types of machinery and tools, including hand tools, on an everyday basis.
- Demonstrable MIG welding skill and knowledge, including the different settings on the welder power pack and their functions.
- Ability to do any given job at a reasonable pace.
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in a team environment.
- Positive, willingness to learn and participate in a changing environment to reach a common goal and take the initiative to learn other jobs & sub-work assemblies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required to perform work standing upright in a work cell for 8-10 hours per day and up to 6 days a week.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Lifting devices must be used or help must be requested for anything over 35 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance with or without vision aids.
JOB CONTACT INFORMATION
Individuals interested in the posted position should contact the manager responsible for the posting.
(319) 472 – 5224
Ideal Industries in an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual in any phase of employment in accordance with the requirements of local, state and federal law.